It takes a lot of different people in many different positions all working together to make a city run. Everyone from the elected officials on the City Board of Commissioners, to paid staff and workers in numerous departments to volunteer board and commission members create and carry out the policies and regulations that govern the city.
Citizen volunteers serve on more than a dozen City of Maysville boards and commissions that influence everything from planning and zoning to tourism to ethics and human rights. Those citizens are an integral part of setting City policy.
The City of Maysville is currently looking for citizens to serve on the Board of Ethics, the Board of Architectural Review, and the Industrial Development Authority.. Look over the Ordinances governing these boards and commissions and submit an interest form for the one that suits you best.
Board and commision schedule:
- *** Joint Planning Commission (4-year terms, meets 1st Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.)
- Board of Adjustments (4-year terms, meets 2nd Monday at 5:30 p.m.)
- Utility Commission (3-year terms, meets 2nd Wednesday at 10 a.m.)
- Board of Architectural Review (3-year terms, meets 2nd Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.)
- **Convention & Visitors Bureau (3-year terms, meets 3rd Tuesday at 3 p.m.)
- Codes Enforcement Board (3-year term, meets Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.)
- **Mainstreet Board (4-year term, meets 4th Friday at noon)
- *** Arts Commission (4-year term, meets quarterly at 8:30 a.m.)
- Ethics Commission (3-year term, meets annually & special call)
- Human Rights Commission (3-year term, meets annually & special call)
- Maysville Cemetery Advisory Board (3-year term)
- *** Fleming-Mason Airport Board (4-year term)
- *** Maysville-Mason County Riverport Authority (4-year term)
- *** Maysville-Mason County Industrial Development Authority (4-year term)
** resident or specific employment requirements within city
*** Some members appointed by Mason County Judge-Executive.
Interest forms will be kept on file for a year.
For more information, contact City Clerk Lisa Dunbar at 606-564-2718 or firstname.lastname@example.org