The City of Maysville has a City Manager form of government in which the city commission employs a city manager to handle the day-to-day operations of the city as provided by Kentucky Regulatory Statute 83A.150.
The City of Maysville has a five member Board of Commissioners, including the Mayor, which sets policy through municipal orders, resolutions and ordinances.
Commissioners also serve on the following administrative committees and boards:
- Communications Committee: Commissioner Kelly Ashley
- Recreation Park Board: Commissioner Victor McKay
- I.N. Foster Committee: Commissiner Jeff Brammer and Mayor Cotterill
- Landfill Board: Commissioner Kelly Ashley
- Audit Committee: Commissioners Victor McKay and Andrew Wood
- Ambulance Committee: Commissioner Jeff Brammer
The Board of Commissioners meets on the second Thursday of each month at 5:15 p.m., and the fourth Thursday of the month at 4:45 p.m., at Maysville Municipal Building, 216 Bridge Street, Maysville, KY 41056. Meetings are also live-streamed on the City’s Facebook page.