Downtown Maysville Walking Tour

Contact Details

Maysville-Mason County Convention & Visitors Bureau

2 East Third Street
Maysville, KY 41056

606-563-2596

suziepratt@maysvilleky.net

Downtown Maysville Walking Tour: Must be booked at least one week in advance

Travel through the streets of downtown Maysville, Kentucky with your personal tour guide. A perfect tour for learning the history of Maysville, Kentucky!

– Simon Kenton Bridge
– 1932 suspension bridge

MAYSVILLE FLOODWALL MURALS Depicting early history of area.

MAYSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
Site of 1784 blockhouse, first permanent building in Maysville (now Maysville High School apartments)

ST. PATRICK’S CHURCH
Dedicated in 1910 in Gothic Style, its two large stained glass windows represent St. Boniface and St. Patrick, patron saints of Germany & Ireland. Rectory built in 1901 in Colonial Revival Style

RUSSELL THEATER
Spanish Style atmospheric theater built in 1929; Rosemary Clooney’s movie premier The Stars are Singing in 1953.

THIRD STREET ROW HOUSES
c. 1840s in Federal Style, enhanced with French influenced grillwork, eyebrow windows, later additions of Mansard roofs.

MASON COUNTY COURTHOUSE Built in 1844 in Greek Revival Style, domed tower clock

FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Built in 1850; architecture represents the first period of Gothic Revival.

COX ROW
Built in 1886 in the Queen Anne Style, the 7 row houses are named for days of the week beginning with Sunday.

CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY
Built in 1848 in Tudor Gothic style with deep chancel, steep roof pitch, massive tower with belfry and wooden doors with heavy iron strap hinges.

THE KENTUCKY GATEWAY
MUSEUM CENTER
Built in 1881 as a public library, contains exhibits on history of the county and genealogical reference materials.

PIONEER GRAVEYARD
Oldest cemetery in town, contains graves of Maysville’s first mayor Charles E. Wolfe, Jacob Boone, one of Maysville’s first trustees and cousin of Daniel Boone, and Peter Grant, uncle of President Ulysses S. Grant.

THE LEE HOUSE
Originally named the Washington Hotel, was built circa 1798. Famous guests include Henry Clay, the Marquis de Lafayette and Andrew Jackson. Original guest register on display at Museum Center.