Mefford’s Fort is located in one of the oldest villages in Kentucky known as Old Washington Historic Village. The authentic log cabin contains timber from broad horn (flatboat) that carried George Mefford and his family down the Ohio River in 1785.
In 1787 Mefford left the safety of Kenton’s Station to build his own station. Mefford’s son John, born in Dec. 1787, was the 3rd child born in Mason County.
Mefford, his wife Malinda and 13 children lived in the cabin.
Call for more information or to book a tour.