The planning commission is composed of 8 members: 4 appointed by the Mayor of Maysville and approved by the City Commission and 4 appointed by the Mason County Judge Executive and approved by the Fiscal Court.
Current Planning Commissioners are:
- Tim Teegarden- Chairman (City Appointee)
- Tom Coe- Vice-Chairman (County)
- Jean Everett- Secretary (City)
- Tommy Stanfield (County)
- Bob Biddle (County)
- Lesley Myers (City)
- Xandy Stewart (City)
- David Reed (County)
The commission is charged with 4 main duties, among others:
- Prepare, review, amend, and recommend adoption of the Comprehensive Plan to the legislative bodies;
- Enforce, review, and adopt the Subdivision Regulations;
- Recommend changes to the legislative bodies regarding the Land Use Management Ordinance and Official Land Use Maps;
- File land use restrictions with the County Clerk (i.e. map amendments, conditional use permits, and variances)
The Commission meets on the 1st Wednesday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the Maysville Municipal Building.
George Larger is the staff liaison for Maysville-Mason County Planning and Zoning Commission and may be contacted at 606-564-2719 or email@example.com.