Residential trash collection is $10/month with senior citizens (age 65 and older) being charged $8/month. Senior citizens may show proof of age and fill out a form at City Hall or the Utility Commission offices to receive the special rate. Businesses and non-profits will be charged based on the amount of curbside garbage or the number of times a dumpster is emptied per week. Curbside recycling is free of charge. Customers who contract with a private waste hauler must show proof of service at City Hall.
The dumpster fee schedule is here: Dumpster_Fees
- The City of Maysville Public Works Department offers curbside residential recycling
- Recyclable materials include: All paper/cardboard, aluminum cans, glass, and #1 and #2 plastic
- All recycling materials must be placed in a recycling bin and put out on regular trash collection day
- Styrofoam and plastic bags are NOT recyclable
- Food scraps and wood are NOT permitted
Special Item Service & Pick-Up Restrictions
Standards for collecting garbage, trash and yard waste effective July 1, 2004:
- All garbage must be placed by the curbside in sealed containers (ex: trash cans or bags).
- Cardboard boxes must be broken down, tied and placed next to garbage container.
- Furniture will continue to be picked up free of charge on your regular collection day. Call Public Works at 606-759-0419 to schedule an appointment.
- Construction items will not be picked up.
- Person(s) setting out construction items and loose items will be cited to District Court for Violation of Ordinance No. 04C-10.
- Small amounts of yard waste will be collected the same day as garbage and will continue to be free of charge. Large amounts (those piles taking more than 15 minutes to collect) will be picked up at rate of $50 per hour. This does not apply to area-wide storm damage, which will continue to be removed as time permits.