Mason County United Way has announced the arrival of a service new to the area that provides individuals and families in need with a shortcut through what can be a bewildering maze of health and human service agency phone numbers. By simply dialing 211, those in need of assistance can be referred and sometimes connected to appropriate agencies and community organizations.
Dialing 211 helps direct callers to services for, among others, the elderly, the disabled, those who do not speak English, those having a personal crisis, those with limited reading skills, and those who are new to the community.
Types of referrals offered by 211:
- Basic human needs resources
- Physical and mental health resources
- Work support
- Access to services in non-English languages
- Support for older Americans and persons with disabilities
- Children, youth and family support
- Suicide prevention
To connect with 211
Dial 2-1-1 from
Text your zip