FIRE DEPARTMENT EMPLOYMENT
CLICK HERE: Fire Department Employment Opportunities
ASSISTANT UTILITY MANAGER
The City of Maysville is currently accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Utility Manager.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the day-to-day operations and maintenance of a municipal water and wastewater treatment plant, site laboratory, storm water pollution prevention and source control, capital projects, safety, personnel, internal and external reporting, contract, finance and regulatory compliance among other duties.
- Develops strategies, short-term and long-term goals and objectives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the water and wastewater operations; participates in the annual plant budgeting process and prepares standard reports as needed; and participates in project progress meetings to accomplish goals as needed.
- Responds (or manages response by subordinate staff) to after-hours plant alarm calls or similar activities. May work in all weather conditions. May need to work extended or off shifts during wet weather events or plant emergencies.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet assignment deadlines within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose process problems and manage remedial action.
- Demonstrated effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete, and easily understood written communications, technical documents and reports.
- Familiarity with maintenance, operation, regulatory reporting and cost estimating software.
- Preferred applicants should hold a Class IV water treatment certification, or the ability to obtain the certification within 2 years of employment, and a Class III wastewater treatment certification.
- At least five years of experience within a water/wastewater treatment environment with thorough knowledge of the methods, techniques, principles, and practices of water/wastewater treatment, water distribution and wastewater collection.
- Requires extensive understanding and experience with safety programs and practices.
Please submit completed application to:
City of Maysville
Attn: Human Resources
216 Bridge St
Maysville, KY 41056
Or, email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: May 30, 2021
Download application here:
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Maysville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or military or veteran status.