RULES and REGULATIONS
To ensure the proper operation of the Maysville & Mason County Cemetery, the City of Maysville and management have endeavored to develop policies which are fair and equitable. Only through the cooperation of the owners can the Cemetery continue to be a place of beauty, peace and tranquility.
All Owners and visitors within the Cemetery and all lots sold, shall be subject to these Rules and Regulations, and subject, further to such other Rules and Regulations, amendments or alterations as shall be adopted by the Cemetery from time to time. Reference to these Rules and Regulations in the Certificate of Burial Rights to a lot shall have the same force and effect as if set forth in full therein. These Rules and Regulations shall apply to any person, firm, corporation, association, club, partnership, society, or any other form of association or organization.
Plants & Decorations
Artificial flowers are permitted November 1st to April 1st and the week preceding before and week of Memorial Day; Decorations on top of stones and base of stone are allowed year around. The Cemetery Grounds are cleaned the first Monday in March of each year and the Monday following Memorial Day, at which time All remaining decorations will be removed from the ground due to mowing and trimming. The Cemetery will not be responsible for saving decorations but will publish a notice in the local newspaper.
Prohibited in Cemetery: The following items are specifically prohibited, and if so placed, Management reserves the right to remove same:
- The placing of boxes, shells, toys, metal designs, ornaments, chairs except those located on the base of the monument.
- Glass, wood, concrete or iron articles;
- Shrubs on lots without monuments;
- Marble chips, or decorator rocks around monuments or markers.
- Window boxes, pots, glass jars.
- Shepherds hooks, wind chimes and hanging baskets.
- Coping, curbing, fencing, hedging, grave mound borders, or enclosures of any kind around any lot; and walks of brick, cinders, tile, stone, marble, terracotta, sand, cement, gravel or wood.
- Surfaces other than shredded wood mulch, earth or sod.
- Solar lights placed on ground around stone
- Modification of any stone without prior authorization.
The Cemetery disclaims all responsibility for loss or damage from causes beyond it’s reasonable control and especially due to thieves, vandals, explosions, unavoidable accidents or acts of God.
The Cemetery at its sole discretion, may modify, suspend, repeal, or amend the provisions of these Rules and Regulations in whole or in part. Exceptions to these Rules and Regulations may be made by Cemetery Management or the Directors of the Cemetery.
ADDRESS CHANGE OF PLOT OWNERS
It shall be the duty of the plot Owner to notify the Sexton or Directors of any change in their post office address. Notice sent to the plot Owner at the last address on file in the office of the Cemetery shall be considered sufficient and proper legal notification.
*Revised 06/08/2020, to simplify wording about decorations; For complete set of rules and regulations please see Management at office, this is a condensed version. Contact: Kevin Wells – 606-564-4570 or email@example.com