The goal of the City of Maysville social media pages, in addition to radio and newspaper, is to inform through a variety of quick, convenient media. Some of the City of Maysville social media pages allow public interaction in the form of comments.
City of Maysville agencies share information, images and video with the public through external social media websites. Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by City of Maysville staff, a comment may be deleted if it violates the comment policy.
Please be aware that when engaging with the City of Maysville through social media, you are agreeing to abide by the comment policy not to post:
- Obscene, indecent or profane language, pictures and/or videos
- Threats, personal attacks or defamatory statements
- Hate speech directed at race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion or disability
- Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading information
- Comments not related to the posted topic on the social media page or post
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users, or spam
- Promotion or endorsement of services and products
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others
- Violate any local, state, or federal laws and/or is otherwise unlawful
- Campaign materials promoting or opposing an individual in an election for political office
This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.