Welcome to the Solar in Mason County page! Below you will find links and information relevant to the regulation and development of Solar Energy Systems in Mason County. This page will be updated on an as-needed basis.
Proposed Solar Energy Systems Ordinance Text Amendment Public Hearing
A public hearing for the proposed SES ordinance text amendment will be held on Tuesday, November 16th from 5:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. and on Thursday, November 18th from 5:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. in the Maysville Community & Technical College Fields Auditorium, 1755 U.S. 68 in Maysville, Kentucky.
The following list of proposed rules will be recommended to the JPC for adoption before the public hearing begins:
- Consistent with MCTC’s pandemic policies, attendees will be ushered into the Fields Auditorium in groups. Once attendees are finished speaking or presenting, they will exit. Once all attendees in a group have spoken, a new group of attendees will be admitted into the auditorium for the chance to speak. MCTC’s pandemic policies require the wearing of masks and social distancing.
- The public hearing will be livestreamed on the City of Maysville Facebook page and attendees not in the auditorium will be able to view the proceedings on the premises.
- Solar developers will make presentations first – 10 minutes each.
- Citizen groups will go next – 20 minutes each – Solar for Mason County will go first, Citizens Voice of Mason County will follow.
- Individuals will be given three minutes each; there will be no distinguishing between citizens and experts, and there will be no opportunity to speak a second time.
- Any groups must designate one speaker.
- Written comments that are signed under oath and notarized may be submitted in lieu of testimony or to support testimony. Such comments may not be longer than 10 pages, double-spaced in 12-point Times New Roman font, with 1-inch margins. Written comments may be submitted to the attention of Nathan Truesdell at the Mason County Fiscal Court, 221 Stanley Reed Court, Maysville, KY 41056 by hand delivery or emailed as an attachment to email@example.com, until 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday November 16, mailed to such address if postmarked no later than November 16, or presented at the commencement of the hearing on November 16, at 5:30 p.m. Noncompliant comments will not be considered as evidence in the record of the public hearing.
Solar Energy Systems Ordinance Draft(s)
- To access the first draft of the Mason County Solar Energy Systems ordinance, click here. Any formatting or content errors will be fixed in subsequent drafts.
- To access the second draft of the Mason County Solar Energy Systems ordinance, click here.
- To access the third draft of the Mason County Solar Energy Systems ordinance, click here.
Citizen Advocacy Groups
- To access the Citizen’s Voice of Mason County, Inc.’s website, click here.
- To access Solar for Mason County’s website, click here.
Solar Energy Systems Developer Information
Currently, there are three entities interested in developing Solar Energy Systems in Mason County: Acciona, Innergex, and National Grid Renewables. Below are relevant links for each developer.
To access Acciona’s siting case #2021-00170 at the Kentucky Public Service Commission’s website, click here.
To access Innergex’s Mason County solar development project webpage, click here.
- National Grid Renewables
To access National Grid’s Mason County solar development project webpage, click here.